• AIP Maple Cookie Dough Bites

    Right now our nutritionist has Brad doing that Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) again (now that the holidays are over) to find out if there are some foods that could be causing him problems that he is not fully aware of. This doesn’t necessarily mean he had allergies, just gut sensitivities. We are in week 2 and going strong! I am counting down the…

  • How to get more protein!

    I’ve been wanting to make this post happen for a while now. It’s one of those things that pops into my head while I’m trying to sleep, but since I’m too comfortable to get up and write it down I just have to hyperfocus on it for as long as possible before sleep happens. Does anyone else do this? Let’s…

  • Chocolate Chip Energy Balls

    I don’t know about you, but whenever I have a competition of any sort (a race, a crossfit competition, etc.) I have a tendency to have to force myself to eat through the nerves and jitters. Tasty little bites like these help give my body the fuel it needs without the hassle of having to go get or make “real” food. This…

  • Browned Butter Herbed Potatoes

    AUGHHH! These are SO photogenic! I know the Holidays are over now, but you can still make this recipe for funsies. It’s a super wonderful way to make potatoes extra special on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, or …Halloween!?  There’s no wrong time to have potatoes. Unless you’re trying to do keto 😛   Print Browned butter Herbed Potatoes This Holiday-ready recipe…

  • Crispy Lime Garlic Chicken Wings

    Our nutritionist put Brad on the AIP (Autoimmune protocol) diet for a little while (we’re currently on pause due to the holidays) but basically it’s the most strict paleo diet you could ever imagine. It’s basically a short-term elimination diet that helps you determine foods that cause issues. You can learn more about it here. It’s very sad because there are…

  • Cast Iron Skillet 101

    One of the most used items in our kitchen is the cast iron skillet. I used to be afraid of it when I first got it and very rarely used it, only when I came across a recipe that recommended it. The way to care for a cast iron skillet is a little different than a standard nonstick pan.   …

  • FODMAPs

    Digestive woes are usually just grouped under an all encompassing diagnosis called “IBS” or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. This is a very non-specific “syndrome” that basically just means you have gut issues. The main thing you want to pay attention to if you have any sort of tummy troubles (constipation, diarrhea, gas, bloating, stomach pain, cramping, etc.) is to what you…

  • Caffeine

    Looking for a New Year’s Resolution? Consider dropping the caffeine. 80 percent of Americans consume caffeine daily in some form or another, so this probably applies to all of us! I think maybe the other 20 percent must be children, LOL!Why would I want to drop it? There is a chemical called adenosine which lowers arousal and promotes sleep. Caffeine inhibits…

  • Dairy-Free Mashed Potatoes

    Dairy can be such a beast. I love the taste of it, but when I avoid it I get smoother digestion, clearer and more hydrated skin, and just feel better overall. But luckily even without dairy in your life you can enjoy still creamy savory goodness with recipes like this one! So I was trying to make an AIP (Autoimmune…

  • Holiday Survival Guide

    Holidays are HERE! Are you ready? Are you stressing about potentially ruining your progress or derailing from your goals? This post is here to tell you to chill. Let’s dive in. Eat the things. I’m tired of seeing all the “holiday survival guides”. Like how many burpees I have to do to cancel out holiday candy, or how I should…